Please vote for ideas below or suggest a new one here

Organiser should be transparent about the number of tickets available to the public and to sponsors

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    London AssemblyAdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • London AssemblyAdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

Keith White suggested:
        "I can only confirm Reg Walkers comments particulalry as London 2012 has advised me that “We are developing a prestige programme which will be announced later in 2010, this will access a very small percentage of tickets which will still be available to the public.” It is unlikely that the people of London will be able to access tickets to the premium events even if they could afford them!"

• London AssemblyAdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

Reg Walker suggested:
        "By cancelling the deal with JetSet, and getting back the 60,000 best seats for the premium Olympic events, including the opening and closing ceremonies. How on earth LOCOG can do a deal with a company whose director admitted bribing Olympic officials at Salt Lake City is beyond belief. The only reason he wasn't prosecuted was because he did a deal with the authorities in exchange for giving evidence. Those 60,000 tickets could then be given to the hard working people of London who, in the main, are paying for the Olympics. LOCOG should also make public the deals they have done with JetSet and other companies and let the public know how much, or how little, they have paid for the tens of thousands of best seats they have been given. It might be interesting to learn which members of LOCOG have enjoyed the hospitality of JetSet at the Beijing and Vancouver Olympics......."

Feedback and Knowledge Base