Please vote for ideas below or suggest a new one here

There should no charge for people to enter the Olympic Park just to watch events on a big screen

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    London AssemblyAdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David.RDavid.R commented  · 

I disagree as there would be now way to regulate numbers into the Olympic park. This could just as easily happen simultaneously in parks throughout London and the UK as a whole. This would cost relatively little and could focus on local communities coming together to share the experience.
        How about an Olympic beer & larger to drink in the parks while watching? {..well I had to try! }

• London AssemblyAdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

Rob Lugg suggested:
        "Probably not, if you were to charge it would need to be a couple of quid and guarantee you a reasonable amount of space to sit down. I tend to agree with the others that it's best not to though."

danskkr suggested:
        "No - I like the idea of spending the day at the park with or without tickets. If I had to pay just to get into the park or to watch it on the big screen I'll stay at home and watch it on the telly. I'll happily by any tee shirt's though."

Craig suggested:
        "Nothing. If this isn't free, you need to start seriously considering why you wanted the olympics in london in the first place. Make money from the refreshments instead."

Feedback and Knowledge Base