Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

jimbear1 suggested:
        "Please do not forget the elderly when considering free or low cost tickets. I run 3 Community Centres for the over 50's and I know that the users of these centres would be thrilled to be going to the Olympic games just for the experience whatever event was available."

• AdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

Rob Lugg suggested:
        "I would like to attend several events and cannot afford to pay loads for tickets but i think it is more important that Londoners on low incomes get access to the cheaper tickets. I think the LOCOG should seperate a significant proportion of the cheaper tickets and offer them to families on low incomes (e.g. on JSA or Income Support) for several months in the run up to the games. This would need to be in the months immediately preceding the games as such groups are unlikely to buy tickets a year in advance.

Corporate tickets to the big events should make as much money as possible to make more of the other tickets affordable. The vast majority of tickets should be £30 or under and there should be a lot of reserved cheap places for children.

I would rather we made tickets cheaper and sold them all and then had some additional bills footed through taxes as this would be minimal in the scheme of things."

Feedback and Knowledge Base