Please vote for ideas below or suggest a new one here

People living near the Olympic Park during its construction should have access to discounted tickets

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David.R commented  · 

I agree. Living with the engineering works and pollution has not been nice. The extra congestion and incessant road works is quite maddening. Lower priced tickets for locals would be a nice way of saying thank you to residents.
        The absence of complaints from locals should not be taken as an automatic pat on the back for certain of the organisers as a job-well-done.

• AdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

Trish Dever suggested:
        "Given that people who work and/or live in London are having to endure years of engineering works and inconvenience on TFL in advance of the games, we should get them free!"

• AdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

Jimbear1 suggested:
        "I believe local people in the Tower Hamlets and Newham areas should get priority status on the lower priced tickets having had to put up with the increased congestion and air pollution caused by the continual coming and going of heavy industrial lorries, not to mention the dust and debris from what seems to be the never ending building going on around these boroughs.
        I would be delighted if lower priced tickets say £20.00 or less could be made available to the 'locals' of these boroughs. Has anyone suggested a season ticket for the whole of the period of the games? I for one would be happy to arrange my holiday around the games if such a ticket were available."

Feedback and Knowledge Base