Please vote for ideas below or suggest a new one here

There should be a range of tickets prices: £5-10 to £100 depending on popularity

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    London AssemblyAdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • London AssemblyAdminLondon Assembly (Admin, London Assembly) commented  · 

Paul Baker suggested:
        "As Geoff Dodds commented, ticket prices need to vary depending on the event.
        £100 for a full day at the athletics track, down to £20 for less popular events."

Geoff Dodds suggested:
        "I would pay up to £50 depending on the sport and what it is (finals,qualifications deserve different pricing). I'd say though most tickets should be around £20-30."

Emma suggested:
        "I think corparates should pay the highest prices, Londeners should get some kind of discount or priority ticket access ( although how this would have to be worked out I'm not sure!) and I think £20 tops- kids less."

Ray Wise suggested:
        "no more than £100 for a premium event like 100m finals.. however, for normal days and less popular events - anything ranging from £20 - £60 sounds reasonable to me... I guess another ask would be - If i paid £50 for athletics, would i get a full day in the stadium or would it be timed limited>?"

jasonmarkwebber suggested:
        "I feel i've already paid for a ticket with my council tax. Barring that there should at least be a concession for london residents. Like others have said the price should vary from £50 for a day of atletics to £5 for the 5m air pistol. You could probably charge what you like for the ladies vollyball."

danskkr suggested:
        "I could afford up to about £20 for a special event that I'd like to see, but on the whole I'd pay £5-10. I'm not that interested in the really big events but have no problem with them charging top dollar for it - £30 to £100. As long as there are budget tickets available for smaller events."

Gary King suggested:
        "I think all the families in havering should be given a Free family ticket for any event of there choice as we have,still are and will still be,paying for the Olympics until 2017 through our Council Tax so it only seem fair that we should be given these tickets.
        wonder what sort of response we will see to this suggestion if any.
        Mr Gary king
        Havering Council tax payer
        Harold wood."

BigAl suggested:
        "I'd agree with the general sentiment here. i.e. £20-30 for regular events rising to approx £100 for premium events. I think that family packages should be considered, my 2 kids are very excited about 2012 but 4 tickets at £50 (my family) would put the cost beyond my means. I disagree with smaller costs for "minority" sports, by their nature they will be held in smaller venues and should in theory be able to fill a smaller venue."

Feedback and Knowledge Base